Templates

User 870ab5b546

24-08-2005 15:14:24

I created a new set of templates to complement Rings, Amino Acids, etc. in the Insert menu. I called the file conformers.t; it contains four 3D compressed MOL representations. (See the attached file; I had to change the extension to .txt because your forum wouldn't let me attach it with the .t extension!) In the page that calls the Marvin applet, I added the lines:

msketch_param("tmpls", "tmpls0=:Generic:chemaxon/marvin/templates/generic.t");

msketch_param("tmpls", "tmpls1=:Rings:chemaxon/marvin/templates/rings.t");

msketch_param("tmpls", "tmpls2=:Polycyclics:chemaxon/marvin/templates/polycyclics.t");

msketch_param("tmpls", "tmpls3=:Conformers:chemaxon/marvin/templates/conformers.t");

But the templates in the Insert menu remain unchanged. On the other hand, if I add the following line,

msketch_param("xtmpls", "chemaxon/marvin/templates/conformers.t");

the structures in the conformers.t file appear as buttons next to the Generics structures. So now I'm wondering whether the tmpls parameter works at all in Marvin 3.5.5. Does it? If not, this page would be much more helpful if it included in which version of Marvin each parameter became active.

ChemAxon a3d59b832c

25-08-2005 07:35:57

Hi Bob,

Unfortunately, user templates are supported in the applet only from version 4.0, and only in swing the version. (See history of changes here.)

In the future we will show the version number on every page of the documentation.

Your local installation of marvin also includes the documentation relevant to that particular version.

Best regards,

Szabolcs

User 870ab5b546

25-08-2005 11:50:12

Szabolcs wrote:
Unfortunately, user templates are supported in the applet only from version 4.0, and only in swing the version. (See history of changes here.)
OK. But the page you mention isn't really clear about the tmpls parameter. It mentions new standard templates and My Templates, but the way I read it, My Templates might just have been a nicer GUI way of implementing what could previously have been done (with some difficulty) by placing xxx.t files in the appropriate location and using the tmpls parameter. Now I know.

Feel free to include the conformers.txt file I attached below as a standard template in future versions of Marvin. You may want to add a few more, such as half-chairs.

-- Bob

ChemAxon a3d59b832c

25-08-2005 12:07:36

Hi, Bob,

Sorry, my fault!

tmpls should work with 3.5.5. You should use the following syntax:

Code:
msketch_param("tmpls0", ":Generic:chemaxon/marvin/templates/generic.t");

msketch_param("tmpls1", ":Rings:chemaxon/marvin/templates/rings.t");

msketch_param("tmpls2", ":Polycyclics:chemaxon/marvin/templates/polycyclics.t");

msketch_param("tmpls3", ":Conformers:chemaxon/marvin/templates/conformers.t");

Best regards,

Szabolcs

User 870ab5b546

25-08-2005 12:44:55

Ahhhhh...

Now it works! Thanks.

User 870ab5b546

25-08-2005 18:51:38

Here's a feature request: Allow the image that appears in a structure-template button to be something other than the structure itself.

I ask for it because our chair conformers, which have all the H atoms in them, are hard to see when they are crammed into buttons. It would be nice for the buttons not to show the H atoms. Maybe also give the user an option to show a word instead of the structure.