Martin Sketch and 3D Connexion Space Navigator

User 8c57fe7217

11-08-2011 23:55:46

I am using MarvinSketch 5.5.1.0 on Mac OS X 10.7.  With the 3D Connexion Space Navigator connected, when I draw a molecule in MarvinSketch and then try to rotate it with the mouse (after presssing F7), the molecule disappears from the window. I can bring it back by clicking on Structure > Clean in 3D, but having the molecule disappear upon rotation is unworkable. Is there a satisfactory way to keep this from happening? Related to this, would it be possible for MarvinSketch and other ChemAxon programs to work with the 3D Connexion Space Navigator? I use this device to manipulate molecules in YASARA and Chimera, and it would be handy if the device could be used in MarvinSketch and MarvinSpace as well. Thank you.

User 8c57fe7217

12-08-2011 16:02:55

Please note that I mistakenly reported that I was running the latest version of JChem/Marvin software. In fact, I was running the previous version. After upgrading to 5.5.1.0, the problem with molecules disappearing when trying to rotate them disappeared. It is indeed possible to keep the 3D Connexion Space Navigator connected for use with programs that support it, e.g., YASARA and Chimera, while still using ChemAxon software on the same machine.

It would, however, perhaps be nice to enable MarvinSketch and/or MarvinSpace to use Space Navigator for manipulating molecules in 3D.

Thanks.

ChemAxon 990acf0dec

18-08-2011 11:34:53

Thank you for the tip. Currently, in MarvinSketch and MarvinView we have no capacity to work on the compatibily issues related to Space Navigator. On the other hand, it might be interesting in case of MarvinSpace; we will inform you as soon as it has been solved there.

Best regards,

Akos