Marvin fails to load in Firefox at SureChem trial customer

User 83c8dbce58

24-05-2011 15:58:12

Hi,

We have a group of customers at a major pharma firm trialing SureChem and they are having a lot of trouble due to restrictions on Java at their company. Some can load the applet but can't draw in it. For these I suggested a workaround of drawing a structure in ISIS Draw and pasting it into Marvin. This worked for some. However, others have been unable to load Marvin. Below are two such errors. Can you please provide me with some recommendations that I might pass on to these potential customers for ways to get Marvin Sketch running for them?

In one case, with Firefox, it simply fails to start Java. In IE8, it fails with a fatal error stating that several Java Virtual Machines are running for the same process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately our reliance on Marvin appears to be a major problem for this customer, so we will have to support ISIS Draw. But in the meantime it would help if we can provide them with some workarounds to at least allow them to search SureChem!

Thanks,

Nicko

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

25-05-2011 12:02:03

Hi Nicko,

We need more details to be able to check these issues.

Please describe the software environment in both cases:

- Operating system

- Browser type and version

- Java version

- Marvin version

If there is any error message on the Java console, please share it with us.

Do they have this access problem only with the SureChem site? Can they load any Marvin Sketch applet example from the ChemAxon site?

http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/examples/applets/sketch/

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

25-05-2011 12:23:37

Is it possible that your users still use Java 1.5?

Since Marvin 5.5, the minimum Java requirement has been changed. New Marvin accepts Java 1.6 (or later versions).