MarvinSketch and MarvinView in HTML page

User d68ef9d5a9

16-05-2011 13:32:53

Hi,

I has been a long time, and I forget how to add MarvinSketch (or MarvinView) in HTML page. I can figure out the HTML codes for the applet through your examples. But the reason the applet is not working, I believe, is the .jar files on the Tomcat server. What .jar files I must include on the server (for a Java web application). I tried jmarvin.jar and appletlauncher.jar, and seems not working. Please help and thanks.

Ben Li 

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

17-05-2011 13:18:20

Please see this example for the Marvin Sketch applet:

MarvinSketch Example - Embedding MarvinSketch applet in HTML pages

and this one for Marvin View:

MarvinView Example - Embedding MarvinView applet in HTML pages

You can find detailed description in above examples how to embed Marvin Sketch / View applets into an HTML page.

You need all jars and other binaries for the applet. Please also read the linking forum topic that describes which resources you need to run the applet:

required files to run Marvin applets

06-08-2011 11:07:24

Following jar files should not be modified because they are signed jars. If you do so, the modified jar is no longer signed.

1. Download and unpack marvin-bin-5.0.0alpha12.tar.gz or marvin-bin-5.0.0alpha12.zip.

2. Create a new directory: marvintmp

3. Unzip jmarvin.jar and every jar file from sjars directory and its subdirectories to the new directory:

unzip -o jmarvin.jar -d marvintmp
unzip -o sjars/abbrevgroupexport.jar -d marvintmp
unzip -o sjars/batik-core.jar -d marvintmp
unzip -o sjars/clean2d.jar -d marvintmp

Change location to the new directory and create a new jar file:

cd marvintmp
zip jmarvin.jar *

Wedding Hairstyles

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

08-08-2011 13:07:12

The text that you have attached about jar merging from the Marvin Applets FAQ is already deprecated. Because of it, I have removed the deprecated section from the Marvin Applets FAQ.

Modifying of jar files in Marvin Applets package are strongly NOT recommended because of the following reasons:

If you have any problem with loading of the applets please give a detailed description about it. I do not believe that repacking of jar files would be the best solution.