MarvinSketch on Meego: browser not found

User 1e3d351cf3

29-01-2011 08:31:03

Hi

If I select a structure and use "Find Structure in PubChem", nothing happens in MarvinSketch. I see the following in a terminal:

java.lang.Exception: [firefox, opera, konqueror, epiphany, seamonkey, galeon, kazehakase, mozilla, netscape]

at chemaxon.util.NetUtil.openURL(Unknown Source)

at chemaxon.marvin.sketch.swing.SketchPanel.doOpenWithPubChem(Unknown Source)

[snip]

Meego uses Chromium as standard web browser. Anything I can do to tell MarvinSketch which browser I use?

Meego version 1.1.2 (kernel 2.6.35.3-12.1-netbook)

MarvinSketch version 5.4.0.1

Java version 1.6.0_23

Kind regards,

Michael

ChemAxon 0a9e2a55e1

31-01-2011 14:01:30

Hi Michael!

When we open a browser from Marvin, after creating a link for example for pubchem, we open the default web browser if it can be opened from java (line in Windows and Mac), and open the link. If we can not then we try some commonly used browsers - the ones listed in the Exception - and open the link after the first successful attempt, or give an exception if none is successful. We have made this list long ago, it is not too up to date, chrome could be added for example.

Can You install for example firefox on that OS? In that case this can be solved fast that way. If not we can add chrome to the list, but in this case it will be only available from the next release.

You can not tell Marvin now which browser to use now, it is decided automatically.

Best Regards,

Peter

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

31-01-2011 15:00:43

Dear Michael,

Thanks for the bug report about the Chromium.

We have improved the browser lookup functionality for Linux in our internal code.

In the upcomming release (5.4.1), Marvin will open URL-s with the default browser on Linux like platform. So Chromium will be found by Marvin on your machine.