Security Certificate

User 2466ee5d97

10-11-2010 17:18:37

Hi,

I just downloaded the latest version to have a look at embedding applets into a web page but when I try to open any of the example View html pages I getting a dialog box asking to "Always approve content..." if I click run with the checkbox selected it just continually redisplays the dialog box. If I uncheck the box and press run it works OK, but of course I'll have to do this everytime.

I'm using Safari under Mac OS X 10.6.4

Chris

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

10-11-2010 20:30:00

Can you send a snapshot image about the "Always approve content..." dialog?

User 2466ee5d97

10-11-2010 20:48:52

Tamas wrote:

User 2466ee5d97

10-11-2010 20:49:36

drc_007 wrote:

Tamas wrote:

User 2466ee5d97

12-11-2010 08:59:40

Hi,

Updated to Mac OS X 10.6.5 overnight and still have the same problem.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

12-11-2010 15:47:32

The warning dialog says that you tried to access jar from the local machine.

I have tested applet loading from both remote web server and local file system under OS X 10.5 in Safari.

MarvinSketch applet has started in both cases.

But using applet via file protocol is not recommended. The Marvin Applets package should be placed  to a web server and access it via the web protocol (http or https).

See Installation instructions of Marvin Applets.

If you use applet via file protocol (selecting applet example from File / Open File menu), there can be unexpected error at runtime since applets are designed to access them via web servers.

If you do not have web server yet, install Apache Tomcat or any other web server to your machine.

If the loading issue remains after the installation of web server, clear of Java cache. It helps in most cases.

Read linking forum topic how to do this: How I can clear JRE cache.

Furthermore, it worths to check Java settings. I attach a snapshot about my current settings under OS X (this is the default one). Compare yours with these settings. You can get it if you launch Java Preferences application from /Applications/Utilites folder.