Marvin View--Printing text

User b701b293b4

14-10-2010 20:10:55

Using the latest download version.

I have a file of SMARTS and name. Marvin View reads and depicts these fine. When I ask to show SMILES, it makes a column with the SMARTS. So I have a table with four columns #, structure, $NAME, $SMILES. All is great on the screen.

The problem is when I try to print. No matter what I do with the display, the # column takes up 1/4 of the page and the $SMILES prints only sometimes. I see no way to change to landscape or to change the width of the columns.

A sample file is attached.

Yvonne Martin

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

18-10-2010 12:00:56

Dear Yvonne,

Indeed, when I print structures that you attached, the SMILES is not printed in each line. Sometimes it displays, sometimes not.

On the other hand, when I print an other structure file with several hundreds records, Marvin prints them correctly.

After a brief check of your file, we have recognized that it includes an invalid compound (#63). Both MarvinView and MolConverter drop error message by importing this wrong compound.

Incorrect version:

[C,c][#8][#6](=[#N])[#8][C,c] Carbonate_derivative

Fixed version:

[C,c][#8][#6](=[N])[#8][C,c] Carbonate_derivative

Furthermore, the file ends with several empty lines that Marvin recognizes as empty structures.

Although I removed  the wrong structure from my copy, Marvin can not print your structures fine.

It requires further investigation what can cause the problem.

We are going to notify you when there is any news in this subject.