question about draw a squarate

User 3f0de42017

21-07-2010 21:56:13

Hi, I recently discover this awesome application, but I've a question, I'm try to draw the di-n-butyl squarate, this ester have OC4H9 but when I draw this make me the long chain, I will prefer to just show OC4H9 in the draw, so how could  do that? or just it can't?

And another issue is when I draw two equilibrium arrows for a reactions series, one dissapear and others arrows that I create will dissapear, this could be a bug?, I'm runnig in Ubuntu linux 9.10 Karmic Koala.

ChemAxon 990acf0dec

23-07-2010 09:17:02

Hi,

For the OC4H9 group:

- You have to draw its structure first, then create a superatom Sgroup from it, and name it to "OC4H9". For the creation of a Sgroups please read the documentation:

http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/sketch/sketch-basic.html#howto-draw.sgroups

- Alternatively, you can use the implemented "OBu" abbreviation group, which refers to the same group. To use that, move your mouse over the atom where you want to draw the group, then simply type OBu. It results in the same group, although it is labeled as "OBu", and not "OC4H9".

Regarding the multiple reaction arrows:

If you use a real reaction arrow ("real" means in this case that the structures placed around the arrow are automatically recognized as reagent/agent/product), currently you can draw only single step reactions. You can use graphical arrows for multistep reactions, but you have to draw graphical plus signs between the reactants. Unfortunately, there is no graphical equilibrium arrow yet, but you can create it from two normal arrows, as I did in the file attached.

Best regards,

Akos