MarvinSketch: atom color control

User c3397108ba

15-04-2010 12:06:27

Dear support,

Could you help me control the atom colors in MarvinSketch? I am trying to use the drawings in ppt presentations where our house style background color is dark blue. For that reason I would like to have Carbons in white and Nitrogen and Oxygen in a lighter shade of blue and red respectively comparing to what is in the default setting. I know one can use Edit -> Format to change colors for the selected atoms but this requires quite a lot of manual work with every structure again and again. In the Load Style directory I can only find styles with color: default...

Could you help me create *.profile file with my defined atom colors?

Also when I copy the Marvin Object into the ppt, structures get aromatized and the circular π bond is drawn in black. I can not find enywhere where I could control the color of that circle although skipping the aromitize would also do the trick.

Hope you will be able to help me with the above.

Thanks in advance.

Anna

ChemAxon 12eab24e0a

19-04-2010 16:31:09

Dear Anna,

You have found all the solutions to solve your editing issues. You can change coloring only by using the Format dialog.

About aromatization:  aromatic  circle's color depends  on the color of
the aromatic ring's bonds. If all the bonds have the same type or they
are colored the same color, the aromatic circle is painted with  that color.

Why is it aromatized automatically at copy? It can be a bug. As far as
I  know  there was a bug like that, but it is fixed already.

Could you tell as what Marvin version do you work with?

Thanks,

Eva

User c3397108ba

22-04-2010 11:55:19

Dear Eva,

Thanks for your reply!

I use Marvin 5.3.1 and the structures do not get automatically aromatized on copy anymore... I must have updated my Marvin recently. So, that is solved. Although I can imagine one would sometimes wish t to control the color of that ring as heteroatom containig aromatic rings are common.

What I would love to have is a *.profile file with my defined atom colors so I could load it from the Format window. Do you think that would be possible??

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Anna

ChemAxon 990acf0dec

27-04-2010 08:12:34

Dear Anna,

We will consider your request when planning the next major release.

Best regards,

Akos