Config.xml not found

User 4ceb4fe234

30-11-2009 09:04:42

Hi Chemaxons!

I've a simple question regarding the MarvinSketch applet. We are using this applet as default structure editor in our web application Reaxys. This works fine and we have no major problems with it...

So we can concentrate on the minor issues, especially (download) performance. Our web page uses a lot of caching and therefore we are aware of all 404 errors that occur on our side because they are not cacheable.

One of the most 404 errors occuring in our logs is the request to the file "chemaxon/marvin/sketch/swing/config.xml". I think this file is referenced somewhere from the Marvin code. And now my question:

Is it possible to configure Marvin such that Marvin tries not to download the file? Or is it possible to put some non-relevant content in the file, enabling the download and thus enabling the caching of the file?

We are using Marvin 5.2.4.

Thanks in advance

Helge

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

30-11-2009 16:13:38

Hi Helge,

We have investigated Marvin applet code but we have not found any reference to "chemaxon/marvin/sketch/swing/config.xml". This file does not exist in 5.2.4 code and there is not any resource that would refer to this file.

Please check again your webservice log. Are you sure that this filename was occured in failed http request?

If yes, I can imagine that an old Marvin version is still in the cache that tries to download this file.

In this case, I recommend to clear the Java cache.

User 4ceb4fe234

01-12-2009 07:45:39

Hi Tamas,

thanks for your answer. I've cleared all cashes (Java and Firefox) and tried the same initialization again. This time is redirected the traffic over MS Fiddler2 to capture all requests and responses. A copy of the Marvin relevant part of the capture is attached.

If you take a look at the file you'll see four files (item 47, 48, 50, 54) that result in a 404 error. Taking a look in the files marvin-bin-5_2_04.zip and marvin-all-5_2_04.zip, respectively, gives that all files are not part of the delivery.

It would be very nice if you can find a way to avoid those errors, because they are disturbing our statistics and take a lot of time because they cannot be cached.

Thanks in advance

Helge

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

02-12-2009 14:20:33

Thanks for sharing your access log.

We are investigating how to solve this problem.