Copy paste 64 bit error in WIN 64 bit izmjnicom.dll

User 677b9c22ff

24-11-2009 19:45:20

Hi,

I have the JAVA 1.6 64 bit compiler under WIN 64 bit (VISTA) with Marvin 5.2.4(?) or higher, I got the following error while copying structures:

Cannot load chemaxon.marvin.modules.win.InstallOleDll:C:\Users\XXXXXXXXXXX\chemaxon\lib\jacozoom-1_0\izmjnicom.dll: Can't load IA 32-bit .dll on a AMD 64-bit platform

Tobias

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

24-11-2009 22:40:23

Hi Tobias!

Yes, unfortunatelly it is an error in a third party library called JacoZoom, because they do not have a 64-bit version of the library. We are working on the solution for this problem.

As we tested it, this error message means only that, Marvin cannot copy an OLE object to the clipboard, otherwise it should work proerly. If this is not true and you experienced any other malfunction in relation to the error message please give me more details about the occuring problems.

Until we solve this issue, we can only suggest to use 32-bit Java with Marvin, if the OLE copy feature is needed.

We will notify you in this topic if the problem has been solved.

Best regards,
Istvan

User 677b9c22ff

24-11-2009 23:11:10

Hi Istvan,

thank you. I think copy/paste as SMILES works, but for 3D structures its safe to export and then import as MOL.

How long will 32-bit software and hardware technology hunt us down? The Intel 386 was introduced 1985. [LINK] Its horrible. Its nerve wrecking. Time to advertise my virtualization paper.

Tobias

(This message was written on a 64-bit processor with 32-bit OS, oops)

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

25-11-2009 17:43:08

As far as i know, 32-bit systems are still booting in 16-bit real mode, and then switch to 32-bit after executing some initialization of the hardver. So much older technologies are also in use, but fortunately they effect only on operating system developers nowadays. Hopefully, the 32/64-bit incompatibility problems will also disapear somehow in the future. But of course we do our best to solve this as soon as possible.

Anyway i think, this is not the appropriate forum to discuss these old technology related issues.

It was good to hear that, the error message did not affect the functionality in your environment more than we have also experienced. Hopefully, we can solve this quickly.

Regards,
Istvan