MarvinSketch 5.2.6 Windows 2k - Export Images?

User dd690dad0e

19-11-2009 13:01:06

Dear Experts,

I am pretty new to Marvin and want to give it a shot. So far the program looks very good and it could release me from chemdraw forever ;)

One very important task I could not do up till now: export images.

I read everywhere that there should be the option "export image" to save only the molecule, not the whole canvas as an image.

It seems as I cannot find that option. I only have the "save as image" button in File menu. By that method I can only save, "what I see".

Does that "export image" feature still exist or is it obsolete? What do I have to do to access it? I already downloaded the newest java. Do I need a licences?

Thanks in advance.

Martin

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

20-11-2009 15:25:56

Dear Martin,

The "Save As Image" options saves what you see on the canvas. "Export Image" option have never existed in MarvinSketch application. If you disturb that there are two many empty space around the molecule, I suggest to fit molecule to the canvas size before save it as an image. You can do it by the "All" option of the Zoom combobox on the toolbar.

I can also recommend other alternative solution:

- Select the required structure and copy and paste it into an image editor. Then save it there.

- Copy the required structure into a MarvinView application and submit the "Save Image(s)" option in its File menu.

- Save the structure into MRV format and convert it into image by molconverter:

molconvert png mystructure.mrv -o mystructure.png

User dd690dad0e

22-11-2009 14:31:32

Thank you very much for your answer. I will try all the options you suggested and pick what suits my needs best. If there are new problems, I will come back to you.