kekule drawing when importing in MS WORD

User 6a93e64b66

02-10-2009 19:19:29

Hello,

When I copy to MS word an aromatic molecule, the drawing is not a kekule drawing but an aromatic drawing with circle.

How can I have the same drawing as I can see In Marvinsketch (the kekule drawing) ?

I am sorry for my bad english writing ^^ 

ChemAxon 990acf0dec

05-10-2009 13:34:58

Hi,

If you draw an aromatic structure in Kekule form, than it should be copied in that form. If you use aromatic bonds, than a circle is displayed also in MarvinSketch. You can change between these depictions by using the Aromatize and Dearomatize options in the Structure > Aromatization menu.

We have not heard any issue when aromatization happend during the copy action yet. Which version of MarvinSketch do you use?

Best regards,

Akos

User 6a93e64b66

05-10-2009 19:28:54

akospapp wrote:

We have not heard any issue when aromatization happend during the copy action yet. Which version of MarvinSketch do you use?

Thank your for the reply

I have follow all your advices.

During the copy paste action from marvin to MS word I only have aromatization drawing instead of the kekule drawing.

The version is marvin sketch 5.2.5.1

build 2009-09-25

x86 windows XP 5.1

ChemAxon 990acf0dec

05-10-2009 19:57:02

Hi,

Would you please send me an example structure? (Saved right before copying it into Word.)

Thank you and best regards,

Akos

User 6a93e64b66

06-10-2009 19:41:05

Files in attachment :

Marvin file et the result in msword after copying and pasting procedure.

Best regards.

nb: I am teacher in france and i use marvin for writing document for students.

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

06-10-2009 20:08:11

Hi,

Would you please write down how you are making the copy and paste in word, where to click, what button to press etc.?

I've tried the file you have attached, and i cannot reproduce the behaviour too. I'm working on a Win XP 5.1 with Java 1.6.13, MS office 2007, and MarvinBeans 5.2.5.1.

Best regards,
Istvan

ChemAxon 990acf0dec

06-10-2009 20:30:29

Hi,

It is unbelievable, so it would be very interesting to hunt this bug! I've also tried with your kekule.mrv, but could not reproduce. The result is attached (I also have Win XP but with Office 2003 SP3).

Please double click on the OLE object in the attached file, then exit (click outside the object) without modifying the structure, and see if any automatic aromatization happens. If it is not aromatized, then open it again, add a methyl group to the benzene ring, then exit again, and see if it is aromatized or not. Thanks.

Best regards,

Akos

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

13-10-2009 10:07:11

Hi,

finally we could reproduce the problem, and found the cause of the issue. The fix will be in the upcoming release.

Until that you can do the followings:

Locate the marvin.properties file in your home directory's chemaxon subdirectory (in windows it is by default under Documents and Setting/username/chemaxon/marvin.properties) and delete the line in the file which starts with "aromatizedMethod".
This will set the aromatization method to general. If you change the aromatization method, this line will be in the file again.

Best regards,
Istvan