Can I clear atom numbering from non-Chemaxon files?

User ba033e6d58

28-09-2009 14:28:03

I am using Marvin Sketch 5.1.2 as an applet. When I copy and paste a structure from a ChemDraw sketch that does not display any atom numbering, the numbers are displayed in Marvin Sketch and I cannot seem to remove the numbers at all (View > Misc > Atom numbers is already not checked and if I click on an atom number with an eraser the whole structure is deleted). I get the same behavior if I export the ChemDraw file as a mol or sd file and import it into Marvin. If I specifically delete the atom numbers in ChemDraw prior to attempting the copy/paste then new atom numbers are displayed in Marvin with the same behavior.

I need to preserve the coordinates, so I can't paste as smiles. Has anybody else encountered this problem and have a workaround to get rid of the atom numbering without having to redraw the structures in Marvin?

Thanks for any advice!

ChemAxon 990acf0dec

01-10-2009 15:45:59

Hi,

I forwarded your question to our cdx import/export developer. I send you the answer soon.

Best regards,

Akos

ChemAxon 990acf0dec

02-10-2009 14:39:34

Hi,

In version 5.1.2 we did not support cdx import yet (it was released in 5.1.4), so the copy/paste used the CTFile (MOLFile) format instead. In the latest Marvin version we cannot reproduce the bug. Could you send a sample cdx file please?

Best regards,

Akos