text over/under reaction gets clipped in image

User 62a37f4796

21-09-2009 20:47:52

When exporting a MRV as a PNG image I've run into some peculiar behavior.

If there is text over/under a reaction arrow entered using the T (insert Text) button, some of the text may get clipped.

If I enter the same text as a pseudo-atom, it is shown correctly.

I get the same behavior on IE and on FF, which leads me to believe it's something in molconvert.

I can't seem to trace this to any export flags.

Any pointers on how to resolve this?

Thanks.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

22-09-2009 12:59:33

We could not reproduce this issue. Can you send us the MRV file that is the source of the PNG conversion where texts were clipped?

User 62a37f4796

23-09-2009 19:55:45

Tamas wrote:

We could not reproduce this issue. Can you send us the MRV file that is the source of the PNG conversion where texts were clipped?

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

30-09-2009 23:32:31

Thanks for the MRV files. I have checked them.

The problem is that the textbox width is not enough large to display the encapsulated text (in a line). In this case, the text is rendered into multiple lines. Since the textbox height is also fix, you do not see the second line where the rest of the text printed. If you increase the height of the textbox you can see how the text was rendered actually. Please see the attached image.

I recommend to increase the textbox width (with MarvinSketch) a bit in your example. In this case, the required text can be printed into a single line. I also attached the modified MRV file (and a snapshot about it) where textbox width is increased.

User 62a37f4796

02-11-2009 21:16:35

Tamas wrote:

Thanks for the MRV files. I have checked them.

The problem is that the textbox width is not enough large to display the encapsulated text (in a line). In this case, the text is rendered into multiple lines. Since the textbox height is also fix, you do not see the second line where the rest of the text printed. If you increase the height of the textbox you can see how the text was rendered actually. Please see the attached image.

I recommend to increase the textbox width (with MarvinSketch) a bit in your example. In this case, the required text can be printed into a single line. I also attached the modified MRV file (and a snapshot about it) where textbox width is increased.

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to this topic.

I can't actually figure out how to increase the text box size. Ordinarily in other applications I would grab a side and move it over to expand it in one direction, or grab a corner and move it over in two directions at the same time (to maintain the height-to-width ratio). However, I cannot figure out how to do the same within MarvinSketch. It'll allow me to grab the textbox and move it around, but it won't scale in any way. The size I'm getting seems to be determined solely by the (amount of) text I'm entering.

I'm running 5.2.4 on XP SP3 at the moment.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

04-11-2009 15:56:45

1. Push the select button on the toolbar.

2. Click inside the textbox (textbox will be higlighted with small green circles).

3. Go over a small green circle, press the mouse and move it (the textbox dimension will be changed).

4. Release the mouse when you get the proper size.

User 62a37f4796

11-11-2009 20:51:06

Tamas wrote:

1. Push the select button on the toolbar.

2. Click inside the textbox (textbox will be higlighted with small green circles).

3. Go over a small green circle, press the mouse and move it (the textbox dimension will be changed).

4. Release the mouse when you get the proper size.

step 3 is not working in 5.2.4.

I can drag the text all over, but it won't let me drag either the corner or the side to resize.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

12-11-2009 13:05:37

Do not position the cursor inside the green circle just beside it. Push mouse button when the cursor is very close to the circle. In this case, resizing will work.

User 62a37f4796

12-11-2009 13:46:26

Tamas wrote:

Do not position the cursor inside the green circle just beside it. Push mouse button when the cursor is very close to the circle. In this case, resizing will work.

Have you actually tried this?

I've tried it a dozen different ways and it's not working. I've tried selecting all green circles. I've tried selecting just one green circle. I've tried clicking inside, outside, right on the green line. I've tried clicking on the text. I've done a select with the select tool instead of just clicking on it. I can't remember the complete list. The long and short of it is that it's not resizing the text box.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

13-11-2009 18:47:09

Yes, I have tried it several times.

In most cases, I have managed to resize the component. But I admit it is not easy.

Catching the green up - middle cirle at its upper arch was a good way to move textbox border.

See the black ugly arrow on the picture that points to the place where I catch the circle.

User 62a37f4796

16-12-2009 21:11:49

Tamas wrote:

Yes, I have tried it several times.

In most cases, I have managed to resize the component. But I admit it is not easy.

Catching the green up - middle cirle at its upper arch was a good way to move textbox border.

See the black ugly arrow on the picture that points to the place where I catch the circle.

Sorry, but this is not working for me; even following the instructions with the pointer. The only way I can figure out how to "grow" the box is by entering a return before and after the text and pad the text itself liberally with whitespace.

Can you please have another look to see what may be going on?

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

21-12-2009 10:29:05

OK, I am checking it again.

User 62a37f4796

07-01-2010 14:04:43

Tamas wrote:

OK, I am checking it again.

I think we have to tie this in to bobgr's post on resizing textboxes: http://www.chemaxon.com/forum/ftopic5719.html&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=desc&highlight=

If I click on "T" and start typing right away, I can never resize that textbox. If I click on "T" and resize the textbox before I type anything, then put in the text; I can resize it at any time after. That's kind of an odd behavior.

But it's not limited to 5.2.6 as in Bob's post. I'm working on 5.2.4.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

14-01-2010 16:02:21

Indeed. I have also managed to reproduce this issue.

As Erika has written it in the linking topic, we will fix it.

ChemAxon e500b51457

17-03-2010 10:37:24

Hello,

The correction of the text-box resize problem will be available in Marvin 5.3.2.

Regards,
Erika