question for export option

User a92fed3a15

14-09-2009 23:58:22

Hi

Our chemist would like to see R/S symbol when the structure is exported as an image.

I have not tested e/z option yet, but does it handle R/S too?

If not, is it possible to add it?

Thanks,

yasushi

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

15-09-2009 01:20:19

Dear Yasushi!

Marvin is able to export images with R/S labels.
When you use the GUI to export images, you can turn on their visibility at View/Stereo/"R/S Labels". (Deatiled information can be found at: Stereo Specification in Marvin)
When you using MolExporter, you can specifiy the chiral_off/chiral_selected/chiral_all option in the format string. (Further information about format options: Image export in Marvin)

Best regards,

Istvan

User a92fed3a15

15-09-2009 01:56:38

ifajth wrote:

Dear Yasushi!

When you use the GUI to export images, you can turn on their visibility at View/Stereo/"R/S Labels". (Deatiled information can be found at: Stereo Specification in Marvin)
When you using MolExporter, you can specifiy the chiral_off/chiral_selected/chiral_all option in the format string. (Further information about format options: Image export in Marvin)

Best regards,

Istvan

It's awesome!   I wll test it from now.

yassushi

User a92fed3a15

15-09-2009 15:14:19

yokubo wrote:

ifajth wrote:

Dear Yasushi!

Best regards,

Istvan

It's awesome!   I wll test it from now.

yassushi

Hi Istvan

Thanks, it worked.

I testged with emf image export from MolHandler with toBinFormat method adding chiral_all option and you can see the attached image.  I needed to save the image as png to post it on this forum, but it looks like emf image type is not as sharp as png even if I use te same hight/width.  The line is little edgy.  Is there any way to make line sharper or gives higher resolution?  I am not sure what is causing this problem.

Thanks,

yasushi

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

16-09-2009 16:17:54

Yes, we admit that lines are not so sharp in EMF than in our PNG output. Currently, we use the Freehep API to generate EMF. The same problems exist by OLE copy when the image of the pasted object are generated by the same tool.

We are working on improving EMF quality.

In OLE copy, we will use a native Windows (.NET) solution for picture drawing that will provide better image quality. We plan that this improvement will be ready for Marvin 5.3.

Hopefully, this solution will also solve the first problem (poor EMF by molecule export API). If not, we will research for another solution to solve it.