How to create a customization.xml file?

User e21f251256

13-08-2009 14:44:18

I am trying to determine how to create a customization.xml file for my Swing application (not an applet).

Based on what I read on this page: http://chemaxon.com/marvin/help/sketch/gui/customization_server_side.html in the section "JavaBean customization step-by-step" I thought that all I needed to do is to run a program with an MSketchPane in it, modify the MSketchPane, and a customization.xml file would be created for me, but this does not happen.  I run the program (see attached file), and no "chemaxon" directory is created, and no customization.xml file appears anywhere.

I have figured out that if I take a customization.xml file that has already been created and place it in just the right place (chemaxon/5.2.2/customization.xml) then it will be used when I run the program.  But I want to make my own customization file.

This is using Marvin 5.2.02 on Windows XP with Java 5

ChemAxon 990acf0dec

13-08-2009 15:16:39

Hi,

The cutomization.xml file should be located exactly where you looked for it: in the chemaxon\<version number>\ directory in the user's home directory. This is in your case, e.g. on Windows XP: \Documents and Settings\<your user name>\chemaxon\5.2.2\

When you install MarvinBeans this file is automatically created, and when you customize your MarvinSketch through View>Customize, your changes are saved into this file.

Best regards,

Akos

User e21f251256

13-08-2009 17:53:14

Do I need a license key in order for this to work?  I did not "install" marvinbeans, I just downloaded the jchem_5_2_02.zip file from the web site, and got the jchem.jar out of it.

ChemAxon 909aee4527

17-08-2009 07:18:12

Hi Ryan,

no, you don't need a separate license, this functionality is covered by the Marvin Beans license which is implied by the JChem license.

If you use Marvin Beans via jchem.jar, the functionality will also work as Akos wrote, the difference is that while the MarvinBeans application automatically saves the customization file when you exit the application, you have to do it programmatically when integrating the bean.

You have two options:

Kind regards,
Judit

User e21f251256

17-08-2009 15:25:50

Judit, thanks, that was exactly the information that I needed.