about molconvert

User 39ade0cdf9

08-05-2009 14:06:59

hi,

I am using molconvert.bat in marvinbeans-windows  to generate pictures.

seems gif format is not supported, sometimes I need a transparent picture so I can put it on different background color. Is there any technical problem to generate gif pictures?

By the way, I can't use molconvert.bat like manual:

#> molconvert  "jpeg:w100,Q95,#ffffff00"  test.sdf   -o  test.jpg

prompt syntax error, but this will work:

#> molconvert  jpeg:w400h250#ffffff00   test.sdf   -o  test.jpg

wish this helps.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

08-05-2009 15:14:50

I need a transparent picture so I can put it on
different background color. Is there any technical problem to generate
gif pictures?

Current Marvin does not support GIF format but PNG is available. PNG can also handle transparent background.

Since Marvin 5.2, Marvin can create transparency PNG images.

By the way, we plan to implement GIF format in the future. But currently the priority of this task is low in our feature request list.

prompt syntax error,

Yes, we know about this problem. It is the shortcomming of MS-DOS batch script language. The comma is a separator character (like space) in Windows command line. When you pass a parameter to a batch script that includes one or more commas, the interpreter cuts it to several parameters at commas. Since MolConverter applications receives the damaged parameter list (commas are eliminated), it indicates there is a syntax error.

Until there is a final solution for this issue, we can provide a windows script (molconvert.wsf) that you can use instead of molconvert.bat.

You can use it by the following way:

1. Save it to somewhere to your local machine and rename it to "molconvert.wsf".

2. Check that Marvin Beans is available under the following path:
"C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\MarvinBeans" (if not, install it into this

directory).

3. Open a command prompt window and type the following command:

cscript <path>\molconvert.wsf <molconvert parameters>

where "<path>" is the location of the directory where "molconvert.wsf"
is saved. "<molconvert parameters>" marks where you can place parameters
to pass MolConverter. E.g.:

cscript Desktop\molconvert.wsf emf:transbg,w200 a.mol -o a.emf

You can also launch the script without "cscript". In this case, the output

messages will be display in a popup window.

User 39ade0cdf9

10-05-2009 04:29:01

Tamas wrote:

I need a transparent picture so I can put it on different background color. Is there any technical problem to generate gif pictures?

Current Marvin does not support GIF format but PNG is available. PNG can also handle transparent background.

Since Marvin 5.2, Marvin can create transparency PNG images.

By the way, we plan to implement GIF format in the future. But currently the priority of this task is low in our feature request list.

prompt syntax error,

Yes, we know about this problem. It is the shortcomming of MS-DOS batch script language. The comma is a separator character (like space) in Windows command line. When you pass a parameter to a batch script that includes one or more commas, the interpreter cuts it to several parameters at commas. Since MolConverter applications receives the damaged parameter list (commas are eliminated), it indicates there is a syntax error.

Until there is a final solution for this issue, we can provide a windows script (molconvert.wsf) that you can use instead of molconvert.bat.

You can use it by the following way:
1. Save it to somewhere to your local machine and rename it to "molconvert.wsf".
2. Check that Marvin Beans is available under the following path: "C:\Program Files\ChemAxon\MarvinBeans" (if not, install it into this
directory).
3. Open a command prompt window and type the following command:

cscript <path>\molconvert.wsf <molconvert parameters>

where "<path>" is the location of the directory where "molconvert.wsf" is saved. "<molconvert parameters>" marks where you can place parameters to pass MolConverter. E.g.:

cscript Desktop\molconvert.wsf emf:transbg,w200 a.mol -o a.emf

You can also launch the script without "cscript". In this case, the output
messages will be display in a popup window.

hi,

thanks for your reply, transparent PNG format is not supported by some old browsers like IE6.0, of course is not a big problem. Thanks!