Several reactions in a row

User bdd3ed64dd

26-02-2009 13:04:05

Hey,

I've slight problems using MarvinSketch 5.1.5 while drawing a reaction mechanism.

When I add two edukts and add a reaction arrow a + is added between the products.. very nice :) .. when I would like to make the product of this reaction to react further it's not possible to add a new reaction arrow and I've to pick a normal arrow... and then adding the second product there is also a + sign between the first and second product...

Okay.. of couse I can avoid this when alsways using a normal arrow and adding the + myself.. but it is not possible to use then equilibrium arrows... would it be possible to fix this issue in the next version of MarvinSketch?

Furthermore it would be cool if a Group COOH could be added.. because when I do this via an Alias or something else the bond goes always to the middle of the COOH groups which looks... strange :)

Thanks in advance for such a great tool

ChemAxon 40e8f9506d

26-02-2009 13:37:04

Hello,

unfortunately, Marvin does not support multistep reactions. We are working on this issue, but I cannot tell, when will it be ready. As you've found out, you'll have to use the graphical arrows. All molecules before a reaction arrow are considered reactants (and have the + sign added between them) and the ones after the reaction arrow are products.

To add a COOH group to your molecule, the simplest way is to to type it. Point the cursor over an atom and type 'cooh'. The atom will be replaced by COOH, with the right connectivity (rotate the molecule, the bond will always point to the carbon). You can ungroup or expand this COOH which is an abbreviated group, by right-clicking over the group and choosing expand or ungroup. Description in Marvin's help: http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/help/sketch/sketch-basic.html#howto-draw.sgroups

Regards,

Annamaria

User bdd3ed64dd

26-02-2009 14:35:15

Thanks for the hint with typing COOH, this makes it even faster and more correct :)

I'll look forward the feature with multistep reactions.. and I guess many more also ;-)