Feature requests for MarvinSketch

User 4caaa3dd84

13-02-2009 10:29:46

Hallo ChemAxon-Team,

I would like to note down some features, I'd like to see in further versions of MarvinSketch ;-).

1.) Because one often needs just the molar mass of a molecule, I'd really enjoy if you could put the "MolarMass" of the current selection somewhere in the status bar (or e.g. down-right corner of the window). The several clicks with elemental analysis are a littlebit longway...

2.) Some "snap-in" function - known from graphic programs. This could help to place/rotate molecules/objects really accurate, to not have slightly non-parallel lines which will look very ugly when scaling up.

What about those? Thanks,

pheidrias

User 4caaa3dd84

15-02-2009 14:45:51

Another one:

As you're working on the implemtation of transparency for the export (png, svg), I just came to run over two problems when trying to work with a MarvinSketch-SVG:

1.) The lines overlined have those ugly endings. They do not "meet" in one point, but cross each other - producing overlaying edges. Could you join them to be one path? After doing this manually in inkscape the look was much better!

2.) Embed the text as path/lines, too! The problem now is, that you have two really different types of svg-elements, which makes it really tricky to handle them equally (coloring them, putting transparency fading on it etc.).

When I try to convert the text symbols to paths, they will be filled lines without contours - whereas the "bondings" will be unfilled ones with contours.

Thanks for attention,

pheidrias

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

17-02-2009 12:55:10

Transparent image expor is ready. Certain part of drawing mechanisim of Marvin is rewritten. Marvin/JChem 5.2 that includes this feature will be available in this month.

Both PNG and SVG format supports transparency. Currently we are testing 5.2 and working on some bug fixes.

Today (or tomorrow) we are going to release an alpha where you can already check the improved drawing.

User 4caaa3dd84

17-02-2009 13:50:37

I'm excited!

:),

pheidrias