Installation of MarvinSketch

User 581eabb90d

20-01-2009 05:26:51

I would like to know how can I install Marvin Applet.

I want to userelements.zip and isotopes.zip in my application for perodic System table.

I have installed marvinbeans-5_1_02-windows.exe on my machine and able to integrate MarvinSketch by using Marvin beans in my web site. Now my next requirement is I want to display perodic system table and IUPAC name. For these things and I need above mentioned .zip files in my application. I have downloaded that but dont know how to use it exactly and where should I extract that zip files. Can any body help me in this?

I appreciate your help in advance.

Regards,

Sumeet

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

20-01-2009 16:27:06

The Marvin Beans package is recommended for desktop usage or for integration into desktop application.

If you would like to integrate Marvin into web pages, we recommend Marvin Applets.

What is the difference between Marvin Applets and Applications?

If you chose applet, you can find its installation guide in the following document: Installation Guide for the Applets

Since, Marvin Applets is a modular system: certain part of the code is loaded when it is needed (not startup). Because of it, the resources are organized into several jars that depends from each other data files are located beside binaries. In this case, isotopes.zip and elements.zip are outside of the core jar (jmarvin.jar).

In Marvin Beans package, all resources (exclude third-party tools) are wrapped into a big jar (MarvinBeans.jar). It means that isotopes.zip and elements.zip are inside MarvinBeans.jar.

Why do you need the above files? Would you like to use chemical data that are stored in these files or you would like to use our Periodic System dialog?

User 581eabb90d

30-01-2009 14:45:42

Could you please tell me how to integrate MArvin Sketch applet into a web application ?

I am doing this

<applet ARCHIVE="jmarvin.jar" CODE="JMSketch" NAME="JMSketch" WIDTH=550 HEIGHT=510>

<strong>Your browser does not support the applet tag.</strong>

</applet>

I am able to do it successfully but can't get periodic system table.

Looking forward to your reply

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

02-02-2009 23:43:38

Can you confirm that you have the same problem that is described in the linked topic? embedding MarvinSketch in JSP

If yes, please give more info about your environment. It would help a lot to investigate this issue.