MViewPane: printing with custom labels?

User 645142bf0a

01-12-2008 11:24:50

Our GUI generates a MViewPane with a set of molecules, annotated with several custom labels (molecule name, properties, etc.) for each molecule.

Is it possible to directly print the MViewPane with these annotations? (It seems, the default is to print molecules with index numbers only).

Is it also possible to use different text colors for labels in a MViewPane?

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

01-12-2008 14:07:41

Can you show a screenshot about your MViewPane? It would help a lot to investigate this issue.

Which printing option do you use (Print All or Print Visible)?

Which Marvin version you have?

User 645142bf0a

01-12-2008 15:00:19

Dear Tamas,

I am using at the moment Marvin 5.1.1.

The first image shows an example MViewPane with Molecules & three labels per molecule.

Using Print All, The resulting Preview looks like Image 2. There are indices shown, but the labels are gone.

I didn't try Print Visible when I wrote my first message. Using Print Visible, I am indeed getting a preview which contains compounds + labels, so that would be perfectly fine for me. However, the resolution is very low and it's not possible to read the labels (See Image 3). Is there a way to improve the resolution?

Thanks a lot for your help!

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

01-12-2008 17:18:53

Thanks for info. The situation is already clear for me.

"Print All" and "Print Visible" uses different mechanism to create content for printing.

"Print All" uses an own rendering mechanism to create multi page document to print. Meanwhile "Print Visible" gives a snapshot about the visible area of the current MViewPane.

We will check why so pure the resolution in the second case (Print Visible).

About "Print All": I assume that you have set labels of cells via MViewPane API. Is it true?

"Print All" supports both molecule matrix and spreadsheet table layouts.

In "molecule matrix" mode, in certain cases, "Print All" can not print all components from a cell. Currently, it supports printing of those textual data that are stored in the molecule source (SD fields of the mol file) and can not display custom components.

If you invoke "Print All" from MarvinView application by molecule matrix view, you will got the same layout that you see on the screen. We will improve also "Print All" renderer to handle also custom components.

I can recommend you to try out also spreadsheet view. It can be an ideal choice for displaying SD files. "Print All" also gives nice result for spreadsheet tables.

User 645142bf0a

01-12-2008 17:34:37

It's true that the annotation is done by the software and is not part of the sd-files. So I will check out the possibility of a spreadsheet layout and otherwise will wait for the improved renderer :)

Thanks a lot!

Markus

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

01-12-2008 17:44:04

I will notify you when the improvements are ready.