java security exception about signer information.

User fe5cbe5ff5

04-11-2008 20:37:47

Hi,

I am using the jchem jar in my web application (using spring framework and hibernate for persistence) for calculating the logp, pka, exactmass etc. from a smiles string and I am getting the following exception:

java.lang.SecurityException: class "chemaxon.marvin.modules.DearomatizePlus"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package

Please help!

Thanks,

Anu

ChemAxon e274e1bada

04-11-2008 23:21:11

I have moved this topic to the appropriate forum.

You can find some information about your problem in this topic: http://www.chemaxon.com/forum/viewpost7553.html

BTW please specify your Marvin version.

Edvard

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

05-11-2008 13:26:40

The error message indicates that some jars are signed and other ones are not in your CLASSPATH.

The jar files in old JChem/Marvin Beans releases were signed. But the newer ones are not.

The jars of Marvin Applets package are signed.

Probably there are jar files from different JChem/Marvin versions/packages in your CLASSPATH that can cause the problem.

Please check your CLASSPATH. Only one JChem or one Marvin Beans package should be in the CLASSPATH.

If the CLASSPATH is correct, I can imagine that you use an old buggy JChem version.

As I remember, long time ago, there was a JChem release where jar files were not signed consistently. Probably, you uses this version.

If you use the latest release, signing issue can not be present.

Are there any non-Marvin/JChem jar in the CLASSPATH? Probably you called the logP API from your own class that is located in a signed jar.