Marvin installation issue

User 6de40a865c

24-10-2008 09:27:54

Hi - I have just downloaded Marvin today (24 Oct 2008) using the Wizard. I have two icons on my screen (MarvinSpace and MarvinView). When I click on them I get an error message :- "An error has occured in startup: at javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalFileChoserUI$IndentconWidth(Unknown Source...plus lots more similar one (javax.swing.....(Unkown Source)). I have checked from the Command Prompt and I have java version "1.6.0_07" installed om my pc. Can anyone please advise me what to do? Many thanks, David (e-mail, heslin _at_ waitrose.com)

ChemAxon 40e8f9506d

24-10-2008 11:18:46

Hello David,

we have a long weekend due to our national holiday here, but my colleague will reply you ASAP, but it may be only on Monday.

Could you please copy the error message here, so he can have a clue on the spot?

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

27-10-2008 09:07:48

Can you give more details about your system environment? Which operating system do you use?

Probably, you use a Java distribution that our product does not support. Non-Sun distributed Java can cause problem by running Marvin applications/applets.

Please check the documentation which Java distributions are accepted: System requirements of Marvin

User 6de40a865c

27-10-2008 14:44:19

Hello - my problem is now resolved. I initially installed Marvin wothout Java as I had Java already. That didn't work. I then installed it with Java (perhaps different to the Java I already had) and it now works. Many thanks, David