MarvinView copy problem

User 870ab5b546

02-02-2005 22:08:50

This comes from a user. He has MarvinSketch in one window and opens MarvinView in a separate window.

If I don't close MarvinView after Edit/Copy, but go directly to Paste on MarvinSketch, everything works fine (MarvinView closes by itself during the Paste). But if I do close MarvinView (per instructions) after Edit/Copy and then attempt to use the regular screen, my IE gets hung up in a weird way. (The CPU usage goes to 100% and if I tell Task Manager to end IE, the CPU usage stays at 100% even after IE is apparently closed.) I'm happy now! I'm surprised that no one else has had this problem.

Any insights?

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

03-02-2005 13:21:48

Dear Bob,

Your user's message is not clear to me.

What did he do exactly?

What does it mean that "MarvinView closes by itself during the Paste"?

Does he run 2 applets (a MarvinView and a MarvinSketch)? An applet can not close itself or its browser window.

Can you explain me what is your user's really problem?

Can you send me a simple example to reproduce it?

User 870ab5b546

03-02-2005 14:02:10

Try this:

Go to http://www.ace-chemistry.com/lite

Login as guest, pwd PHfunds100%! (include the !)

Click on Organic Chemistry Demo Course

Click Assignments

Click Typical EPOCH problems

Scroll down to question 4 and click Solve

MarvinSketch will appear on the right of the new page. If you click on the figure on the left, MarvinView will pop up in a new window.

I haven't had the problem that Joe describes, but I don't use a PC. It may be his particular configuration.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

03-02-2005 15:08:12

Thanks for the example.

I have tried it but I have not found any problem.

Would you ask your user to send more info about his software environment (OS type, IE version, Java version, version of the running Marvin)?

To get system info, he should open the "About Java VM" dialog (by selecting the "About Java VM" menu item from the MarvinSketch's Help menu).

Has he got any error message on Java Console? (To display the Java Console, tell hime to take a right-click on the Java icon on the task bar and select "Open console" menu item from the pop-up menu.)