Marvinspace won't start on duall-monitor machine

User 1c70dae5ad

17-07-2008 06:06:01

Although MSketch and MView start OK, MSpace won't startup due to a java error (see below). From a quick look on the web, it seems to be related to the fact that I have a two monitors attached to my graphics card and there's an associated java3d problem.

I'll see if upgrading java helps. Apart from that, does anyone have any ideas about getting this working (other than removing the 2nd display ...)

# MarvinSpace

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: adding a container to a container on a different GraphicsDevice

at java.awt.Component.checkGD(Component.java:858)

at java.awt.Container.checkGD(Container.java:1091)

at java.awt.Container.checkGD(Container.java:1091)

at java.awt.Container.addImpl(Container.java:1015)

at java.awt.Container.add(Container.java:899)

at chemaxon.marvin.space.MSpaceEasy.addSelectionPanelAndProgressBar(Unknown Source)

at chemaxon.marvin.space.gui.MSpace.<init>(Unknown Source)

at chemaxon.marvin.space.gui.MSpace.main(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)

at com.install4j.runtime.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)

ChemAxon 909aee4527

21-07-2008 11:38:28

Hi Charlie,

the same problem can be found on the web at several places, but we did not manage to find the solution within a short time. The only useful hint was the Java version that should definitely be tested.

We did not have any problem with using MarvinSpace with two monitors (actually I used MSpace a lot with 2 monitors), but this can also be a graphics driver specific issue.

Can you please check the Java upgrade (or downgrade perhaps but 1.4.2 is the minimum for MarvinSpace) and post the results?

Thanks in advance,

Judit