Launching Marvin causes IE6 to freeze

User 83c8dbce58

15-01-2008 03:42:04

Hi,

We have a client using our SureChem portal (www.surechem.org) in Japan who has experienced the following behavior:

* She logs into SureChem

* She clicks on the 'Draw' button which we have coded to launch MarvinSketch

* Browser freezes up

She is running IE6 and Windows XP.

This is apparently a serious issue as many of our potential clients in Japan will be using IE6. Have you heard of this behavior before? Does it have anything to do with installing JRE? See her question on this topic:

"By the way, it seems surechem portal need Java runtime environment, I would like to know the version.

Because some companies have very severe rule, and end-users can not install any software including JRE.

Hence I have to inform them which version of JRE the client have to install into their computer."

Is this the case? Do users need to install JRE to run Marvin?

I know I had to install MarvinBeans to get an earlier version of Marvin working in my browser (both the Marvin version on SureChem as well as that on the ChemAxon demo pages). But other users haven't had to do anything like this.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

17-01-2008 14:02:35

Marvin Applets requires (on client side):

- Java capable browser (like IE, Firefox, Safari, Mozilla).

- Sun Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.4.2 (or higher version)

When you load applet in the browser and JRE is not available on your machine, (in most cases) the system offers automatically to install JRE.

If the current user has not got right to install it, turn to the administrator to do it.

You can get Java from the following page: Download the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE)

Marvin Beans also requires Java. If a JRE is installed earlier, Marvin Beans and applets can use it. (Marvin Beans package is distributed also with bundled Java. In this case, it does not require earlier installed Java because it uses its own one. But this bundled Java is invisible for other Java applications and applets.)