postscript error

User dbaed17b64

14-01-2008 10:40:55

The postscript file created by the MarvinSketch (when "printed to file") cannot be displayed or printed via GhostScript. The interpretation of "DeferredMediaSelection true" in Setup section of the out.ps file crashes the postscript interpreter. When "DeferredMediaSelection true" tag is removed in tex editor, then the file can be displayed or printed.

The DeferredMediaSelection is valid postscript command, so it is bug in GhostScript, but it could be probably easily fixed in Marvin.

%%BeginSetup

<< /DeferredMediaSelection true /PageSize [612.0 792.0] /ImagingBBox null /ManualFeed false /NumCopies 1 >> setpagedevice

%%EndSetup

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

16-01-2008 13:10:28

It may be a PostScript interpreter issue (not Marvin).

Marvin calls the system's print job process to create printable output from the molecule graphics. Marvin just send requests to the print job process but it can not influence directly the output or the device.

I have checked several PS files (that Marvin printed on my Linux machine) but I have not found the mentioned DeferredMediaSelection tag.

Here is the "setup" part of my PS file:
Quote:
%%BeginSetup

<< /NumCopies 1 >> setpagedevice

%%EndSetup
I use gv (PostScript and PDF viewer for X) to display PostScript files. It works fine. gv uses the ghostscript PostScript interpreter.

I do not use directly ghostscript because I am not familiar with it.

I have checked (Marvin) printing on Ubuntu 7.04 with gv 3.6.2 (that uses the 8.15.4 version of ghostscript).

User dbaed17b64

17-01-2008 10:10:50

I use gv 3.6.2 as well. The problem is in Java 1.6

The MDL Draw for Discovery gate database browser generate similar "/DeferredMediaSelection true" command in its print output. However, the second bug, the one with landscape offset, is not present in MDL Draw.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

18-01-2008 15:24:12

We will investigate the offset issue as I mentioned in the landscape printing error topic.