Unwanted abbreviation recognization in marvinview

User 941c2467a3

27-12-2007 00:07:21

Dear MarvinView Developer,

If I put "CAT" in as a SMILES string to MolImporter.importMol() function, it changes it to the SMILES for the polypeptide: cysteine-alanine-threonine .

That's,

input : CAT

output: [H]NC(CS)C(=O)NC(C)C(=O)NC(C(C)O)C(O)=O

Actually I don't want this feature and I want to turn it off (If the users still input a String likes "CAT", then I want to throw an unexpected SMILES string error). I searched the chemaxon forum and marvin view documents, but I can't find answers. Can you let me know how to do this? Thanks for your suggestions!

The related code is,

Code:
     Molecule substrateMol = null;

try {

substrateMol = MolImporter.importMol(substrate);

} catch(MolFormatException exc) {

System.out.println(exc.getMessage());

return;

}

System.out.println("Molecule String=" + substrateMol.toFormat("smiles"));

Regards,

- Jeff

User ef5e605ae6

27-12-2007 10:07:08

Dear Jeff,

File recognition problems can be avoided by constructing a MolImporter object with the file format specified as import option.

If you prefer using a static importMol method, then you will be able to specify the format only in Marvin 5.0 (will be released in a few days hopefully). I created some new importMol methods with additional option and encoding arguments.

User 941c2467a3

18-01-2008 18:47:30

cspeter wrote:
Dear Jeff,

File recognition problems can be avoided by constructing a MolImporter object with the file format specified as import option.

If you prefer using a static importMol method, then you will be able to specify the format only in Marvin 5.0 (will be released in a few days hopefully). I created some new importMol methods with additional option and encoding arguments.
Thanks! I will try Marvin 5.0.

Jeff