Marvin applet hangs in browser

User 276402c609

30-10-2007 23:07:03

I am stuck with such problem - MarvinSketch hangs web browsers very often. I have cleared JRE cache, it doesnt help. The first thing I did, I enabled console as thought that it could help detect the problem. It didnt, because when applet hangs console is not responding and refreshing.

But I have noticed that applet hangs if the page contains the structure which must be loaded. I made an experiment:

the web page contains msketch_param("mol", "c"); and msketch_param("molLoaderFinishedEvent", "js:loadStructure();");

The javascript procedure loadStructure() actually is the loader because its

using the setMol() to load the real structure from hidden text field.

Now the problem is almost eliminated. Almost, because the "c" sometimes is visible (not always) for arround 1 sec till the real structure is loaded.

Is it possible to load empty structure, for exaple, setMol(" ") so that molLoaderFinishedEvent is triggered? Because if setMol(" ") never triggers molLoaderFinishedEvent I cant use this workaround as my procedure loadStructure() is called via molLoaderFinishedEvent.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

30-10-2007 23:22:41

To load empty structure, use the empty string ("") or null for the "mol" parameter. ( " " is an invalid SMILES.)

Code:
msketch_param("mol","");

User 276402c609

31-10-2007 08:31:24

Tamas wrote:
To load empty structure, use the empty string ("") or null for the "mol" parameter. ( " " is an invalid SMILES.)

Code:
msketch_param("mol","");
The problem is msketch_param("mol","") NEVER triggers molLoaderFinishedEvent (at least for me). From one side its correct, because "" its not a structure, so there nothing to load, but from other side - its could very useful. For example in my case when it can lead to solve applet crash problem.

So the question is still open - is it possible to load something that is not displayed in applet, but triggers molLoaderFinishedEvent ?

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

05-11-2007 16:34:03

Please show an example and descibe your platform (operating system, Java version, browser type, Marvin version) where molLoaderFinished events invoking is problematical (and browser hangs).