imageSaveURL parameter does not seem to work

User c9f8286385

16-08-2007 04:37:12

Hi,

We are using the MarvinSketch applet from within an ASP.NET form and one of the things we need to do is to send the JPG image of the drawing back to the server to be saved in a file.

To do this, we wrote and ASP.NET page which (in the Page_Load method) would read the request stream and write the contents to a file. And we gave the URL of this page as the parameter for the applet parameter: imageSaveURL. We used "http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/dev/sketchman.html" as the reference for applet parameters.

However, we found that this page does not get invoked. We thought that there may be a limitation of the applet not being able to use ASP.NET pages and we wrote an ASP page to handle the request. However, this page also did not get invoked.

I need assistance to get this functionality working. Please let me know what I might be doing wrong, or if I am missing some steps in this process.

I would also like to understand how the imageSaveURL parameter works - e.g. at which point does the JPG image get streamed to the web server, what user interaction is required to trigger this, is there some other way to achieve the same functionality etc.

The version of MarvinSketch we are using is: 4.1.9

We are using the applet version of MarvinSketch on an ASP.NET environment on Windows XP.

Please let me know if any further information is required.

Samir Kulkarni,

Technical Manager,

IGKV

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

17-08-2007 13:38:46

I've checked the code. Currently this feature (imageSaveURL) does not work in Marvin. We will debug it.

Until then, I can suggest an alternative solution.

Retrieve the molecule source from the applet and post it to the server (to a JSP) to create image from the molecule there.

Please see the following JSP examples: Image Generation Using Marvin Beans

If JSP is not suitable for you. I can suggest to use some kind of bridge between Java and ActiveX to be able to access the Marvin Beans API in ASP.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

17-08-2007 13:59:28

Probably, the following topic can interest you.

Simplest web method to convert a SMILES to an image?

Other ASP users successfully use Marvin Beans API to molecule image generation.