How to integrate Marvin Tool with ASP.NET in C# ?

User c9f8286385

29-06-2007 11:06:33

hi Peter,

With your help, we have already configured Marvin Tool in Window based application. Really thanks for that.

Right now, we are facing problem of its integration in web application.

(in ASP.NET, C#)

Initially, we tried to run our window based application in our web forms by adding reference of .NET component (System.Windows.Forms) But, it's really too much bulky. It is taking so much time in loading.

Can you guide us, how to integrate marvin tool direcly in web pages (ASP.NET)? If possible, give some sample code.

We want to display and modify chemical structures by using .mol or .sdf files in our web application.

Thanks in adv.

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

29-06-2007 11:37:12

I am going to transfer your posting to the group "Structure editing, viewing and file formats", because your problem appears to belong more to using Marvin than searching.

P.

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

29-06-2007 11:42:05

Quote:
It is taking so much time in loading.
Is it Marvin Sketch or Marvin View? How many of them are displayed on the web page: just a few Marvin windows or many?

Thanks

Peter

User c9f8286385

29-06-2007 11:47:50

To just display chemical structures, we are using MView.

and if user wants to modify, we are opening the structure in MSketch.

There can be many structures, displayed to the user with MView.

But, only one at a time will be provided for editing.

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

29-06-2007 11:51:50

Would it be possible to send us some sample code -- something simple (if possible), which already exhibits the problem? (You can send it directly to me by mail, if you prefer not to post it.)

Thanks

Peter

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

29-06-2007 12:25:14

An out-of-order question: Would it not fit your purpose to embed Marvin into your WEB-pages as Java applets rather than .NET components? (We have an easier/faster support path to make Java applets work satisfactorily.)

Thanks

Peter

User c9f8286385

29-06-2007 12:39:40

No issues..

We are ready to embed them as Java applets, if performance is better.

We had already embed them as applets with PHP, HTML.

But, in ASP.NET, we are facing bit difficulties.

Please supply scripting code and configuration details in ASP.NET to integrate them as applets. Thanks a lot.

ChemAxon aa7c50abf8

29-06-2007 13:00:11

You can find a working ASP.NET sample application in the JChem package complete with Marvin Sketch and Marvin View usage: http://www.chemaxon.com/download.php?d=/data/download/jchem/jchem_3_2_7.zip . Look at the *.html and *.aspx files in the examples\ChemAxon.NET\ASP.NET directory of the uncompressed package.

Let me know if you run into problems setting up or using the example.

Thanks

Peter

User c9f8286385

04-07-2007 11:47:01

Thanks Peter,

Sorry for delayed response..

I've gone through entire application. It's a good alternative.

But, I think it's not coded entirely in ASP.NET

It's something like classic ASP pages embedded in ASP.NET

If it's so, I don't think we need JNBridge in our web application anymore.

Since, Applets can better communicate with JavaScript.

Thanks for your help.