Cannot load JMView

User 0f68b5fec7

03-05-2007 10:16:42

Hi Folks,

I'm having one or two troubles utilising Marvin View in a webpage running on an oracle platform. I've put the < applet > tags into the page but get the following in the Java console. Can anyone offer any advise.

Load: class JMView not found

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: JMView

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(unknown Source)

etc.etc.

Cheers

Richard Bradley

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

03-05-2007 10:58:24

The cause of the problem can be the following:

- Your applet code may be incorrect. (Probably, the location of jmarvin.jar is not correct.) Please see the following example how to use applet tag for Marvin: Example 1.1 - The <applet> tag.

- One or more resources for Marvin Applets (jmarvin.jar) are missing. (See required files to run Marvin Applets)

- The browser uses a non-Sun Java. Marvin Applets support Sun's Java 1.4.2 and above versions. Please check that Sun's Java Plugin is installed to your browser.

User 0f68b5fec7

03-05-2007 13:05:36

Many thanks, that has fixed the problem. All I need to do now if figure out how to pass a CLOB variable into the applet. If anyone has experience on this, then please let me know.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

07-05-2007 15:26:27

Your question is not clear to me. I suspect that - actually - you would like to pass a molecule source to the applet.

If yes, see the following example how to do it: Example 3.2 - Inline, compressed molfiles.