PluginGUI.jar not being downloaded

User 7b15d0a49a

14-03-2007 17:15:05

Hello,

I am having a strange problem trying to get a MarvinSketch applet to display the Tools menu.

I read the related topic on this forum and made sure I had the required jar files present (sjars\plugin.jar, sjars\plugingui.jar). The tools menu is not displayed. I checked the plugins.properties file, which has been used on a working version previously, and that was all in order.

After trying to run the web page holding the applet, I cleared the JRE cache and the browser cache, closed the browser and opened a new one, loaded the page again with the same result. AFter looking at the cache contants, there were only 4 jars downloaded:

sjars\abbrevgroupexport.jar

jmarvin.jar

sjars\parity.jar

sjars\Plugin.jar

However on a working version on a different server, there were 5 jars downloaded:

sjars\abbrevgroupexport.jar

jmarvin.jar

sjars\parity.jar

sjars\Plugin.jar

sjars\PluginGUI.jar

I have changed the settings of the non-working version to match the working version as closely as I can but I cannot get this jar to download. I even had a look at the manifests from the jmarvin jars for both versions and there was no difference. Is there a way of forcing the browser to download this missing jar? Where should this download be normally initiated?

Any help you can provide would be gratefully received, I have run out of ideas.

Thanks

Paul

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

14-03-2007 21:40:33

Your description is not totaly clear for me.

Not only plugin.jar and pluginGUI.jar are required for running plugins.

Since calculator plugins can call other jars and extra resources, whole marvin directory is required.

http://www.chemaxon.com/forum/ftopic64.html

If you update an earlier version, substitute the old dir with the new package to avoid mixing jars from different versions.

User 7b15d0a49a

15-03-2007 09:22:45

Hi Tamas,

I have unzipped the whole of the marvin-bin-4.1.6 zip file onto the server directly, pointed the application at the new folder, cleared the JRM cache and the browser cache and it still will not display the Tools menu. PluginGUI.jar is still not shown as being downloaded when the applet is started. I have tried from different PCs but I get the same result.

I am completely stuck!

Thanks

Paul

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

19-03-2007 14:35:11

It can be a configuration problem on your server.

The applet has to work. "marvin-bin-4_1_6.zip" includes all resources that is required for running Marvin Applets. If you do not modify the package content and your html code refers fine to Marvin, the example should work.

Please try the attached example (copy beside your marvin directory). It works for me (applet displays with Tools menu).

If not, please check the Java Console. Probably there is an error message that can help for debugging the problem.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

26-03-2007 09:34:38

I've forgotten to add the attachment to my previous comment.

I've completed it.

User 7b15d0a49a

26-03-2007 09:41:50

Thanks, I'll take a look at it.