Image generation problem

User 1033cfd7dc

02-11-2006 17:51:28

Dear Support,

I tried to generate images from mol structures, but the 'generate_image.jsp' example I found in the '~/marvinbeans/examples/image-generation/' does not work for some structures, ie. the one in the attachement.

Could you advise me please what I should do to generate an image from the mol structure given in the file?

Thanks a lot!

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

03-11-2006 23:34:39

Probably the problem is the size of the molecule.

In the attached example, the molecule string is passed to the JSP (that generate the image) in an URL's query string. (The query string is the last part of the URL that begins with a "?".)

The length of query string is limited (in various browser this value can be different).

Probably, the end of the molecule string was cut down at sending. Because of it, the image generation was failed.

I suggest to use a more economical format (like SMILES) to transfer. An other alternative solution is using molecule files (save sources in files) instead of molecule strings and pass only the file names (see previous examples in image generation section).

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

08-11-2006 09:38:34

Probably, SMILES format is not the best choice for you because it does not store the coordinates.

Thus, you can choose only the second solution: save mol file somewhere on the server and pass the absolute path of the file to the JSP.

See the third JSP example (show_image3.jsp) on the example page of Image Generation (that demonstrates how to create image from an existing structure file):

http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/examples/image-generation/index.html