Marvinspace Demo Version - it's got a licence key though ...

User fb3a24b4fd

02-10-2006 23:51:40

I've posted this on another thread, but I'm posting here because I think this is the correct place for it.

I've installed the latest version of Marvin applets on my web server at www.molecularmagic.net and recieved a licence key for Marvinspace which is invoked through "View>Open Marvinspace" from the Marvinsketch applet.

Even though I have entered the licence key and checked that the licence.dat file exists in the relevant places (i.e. root/.chemaxon folder on my server), I still get "Marvinspace 1.3.1 DEMO VERSION" appearing in the title bar of the Marvinspace window.

What is wrong?

Mark

ChemAxon 909aee4527

03-10-2006 08:20:32

Hi Mark,

the DEMO VERSION is not the same as an unregistered version.

We regret that this caused some confusion.

Let me explain briefly the cause of that DEMO VERSION title.

In Marvin 4.1 we started to integrate MarvinSketch and MarvinSpace.

There is a simple solution we already did: limiting the functionality by removing the menu. The limitation was because there are many ways that the synchronization could go wrong - just think of an example you delete the molecule in MSpace that you started to draw in MSketch. We did not solve all these problems yet, but it's certain that a "Lightweight" version of MarvinSpace is required for this task.

We would like to indicate that this is not all MarvinSpace can do but this is MarvinSpace specialized to a task.

In the short term we will certainly remove the DEMO VERSION from the title, and add display options to the menu. We are open to requests, please tell us what you need and we will do it.

In the long term we would like to give a user-friendly way to customize MarvinSpace according to the needs.

Kind regards,

Judit

User fb3a24b4fd

04-10-2006 19:41:26

Thanks very much for that explanation - I'm fully satisfied!