Removing items from menu

User fb3a24b4fd

02-10-2006 08:19:22

Is there any way to remove items from the menus on the marvin sketch plugin? I can amend the plugins menu by editing the plugins.properties file. Is there a way of doing this for the other menus?

Mark

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

02-10-2006 13:14:18

Some options can be set to disabled in MarvinSketch menu but it is not a fully customizeable menu.

Which items would you like to remove from the menu?

By the way we plan to rewrite menu handling of Marvin to provide a really customizeable menu system to users.

User 870ab5b546

02-10-2006 13:19:54

I requested this ability a long time ago, but it does not appear to be possible to do so, at least not yet. I suppose ChemAxon has had other features further up on the priority list.

You can *add* buttons to the toolbar, though, and you can disable some toolbar items, though probably not the ones you want. See http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/dev/example-sketch2.html, part of the Developer's Examples at the MarvinSketch site.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

02-10-2006 13:36:15

Quote:
I requested this ability a long time ago, but it does not appear to be possible to do so, at least not yet. I suppose ChemAxon has had other features further up on the priority list.
Yes, this task has been postponed. It is a huge work. But we have decided to solve it in Marvin 4.2.

User fb3a24b4fd

02-10-2006 21:04:41

If I can sort out the Marvinspace licence key thing, then I only really want to remove the 2D and 3D Viewer options which I think I can do with script anyway.

The Marvinspace viewer is so cool - shame it says "Demo version" on it and I too stupid to be able to customise the way it displays! I'll post my questions to this issue on the correct thread.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

03-10-2006 15:48:12

Quote:
If I can sort out the Marvinspace licence key thing, then I only really want to remove the 2D and 3D Viewer options
Currently, there is not way to remove these options from the Marvin menu.