Mac os x IsisDraw 2.3 and marvin 4.1

User fa59d493d5

20-09-2006 14:29:19

I use isisdraw 2.3 and marvin under mac os X 10.4. Since some new versions or Marvin I was unable to copy molecules from Isis to Marvin and to Marvin to Isis.

I download Marvin 4.0 and I found that the copy paste procedure work with no problem in both way. However this is not possible with Marvin 4.1 and also with the last 4.0x versions

I check the preferences and I see that in the copy choice the chemical structure box was checked but appeared in light grey and cannot be change.

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

22-09-2006 15:18:20

The new Marvin uses Java 1.4.2 under OS X. The earlier versions used Java 1.3.1. The copy/paste function is not fully supported in Java 1.4.x for OS X.

It can not transfer chemical formats (like MDL molfile) to/from clipboard. This Java accepts only "plain text" and images on the clipboard.

We have already reported this issue to Mac guys. As I know, they are already working on it.

Please read the following document about copy/paste issue.

http://www.chemaxon.com/marvin/doc/user/datatransfer.html

Currently, the only workaround is to change Marvin's configuration to use Java 1.3.1. But its disadvantage is that Java 1.3.1 is extremly slow in the OS X 10.4.

Please see the following topic how to change Marvin's Java under OS X.

http://www.chemaxon.com/forum/ftopic350.html

I don't know IsisDraw 2.3. Probably, it is capable to copy "plain text". If yes, you can use this format. Java 1.4.x can handle plain texts on the clipboard. Marvin can import plain text from the clipboard if it is a molecule source (SMILES or MDL molfile).

ChemAxon a3d59b832c

24-09-2006 19:35:36

Tamas wrote:
I don't know IsisDraw 2.3. Probably, it is capable to copy "plain text". If yes, you can use this format. Java 1.4.x can handle plain texts on the clipboard. Marvin can import plain text from the clipboard if it is a molecule source (SMILES or MDL molfile).
In ISIS/Draw, there should be an option in Preferences or Settings called "Copy Mol/RxnFile to the Clipboard". Setting it should do the trick for the ISIS/Draw -> Marvin direction.