Error starting Mspace

User 11b1d5ca6b

27-06-2006 11:14:05

Hi im getting this error when trying to start MSpace alpha 0.18

java.lang.Exception: Init failed : Unsupported os / arch ( linux / amd64 )

at chemaxon.marvin.space.MSpaceInstaller.error(Unknown Source)

at chemaxon.marvin.space.MSpaceInstaller.<init>(Unknown Source)

at chemaxon.marvin.space.MSpaceEasy.install(Unknown Source)

at chemaxon.marvin.space.MSpaceEasy.<init>(Unknown Source)

at chemaxon.marvin.space.gui.MSpace.<init>(Unknown Source)

at chemaxon.marvin.space.gui.MSpace.main(Unknown Source)

Does this just mean I cant use this program on an Opteron.

Im currently using SUSE linux 10.0 which is up to date.

I tried using the -d32 open for java but it would nt run with that selected either.

Thanks Roger

ChemAxon 909aee4527

27-06-2006 13:17:43

Hi,

the JOGL version we used in that alpha version did not contain the 64-bit build of JOGL. However the new JOGL version contains, we will use that in our next release.

Until then I think you can use a 32-bit x86 Java distribution on your AMD64 machine and MarvinSpace should work with that, though there might be an incompatibility problem with the MarvinSpace installer. It may not recognize that it can use the 32-bit version of JOGL, because Java will still return linux / amd64 as the os name.

If this is not working or you prefer the first solution I will urge a new alpha release.

To avoid this type of problems in the future a new installing option will also be available, I will put a link here that gives the description.

User 11b1d5ca6b

27-06-2006 13:22:47

Hi,

Thanks very much for your quick and comprehensive reply.

After having quick play with marvin sketch im not sure I even need to use marvin space, os I'll probably just wait.

Thanks roger

ChemAxon 909aee4527

27-06-2006 13:41:08

I think having a quick play with MarvinSpace will prove it is worth waiting for :)