don't want MarvinView to appear in table form

User 870ab5b546

26-01-2017 20:15:21

When I use Java Web Start to display a structure in MarvinView, and the structure contains a molecule property, MarvinView opens in a table format with two columns: one for the structure, one for the molecule property. I then have to double-click on the structure to get it to open in a regular MarvinView window. Is there a way I can avoid the table view and just have the structure open, regardless of whether it has a molecule property? Using Marvin 16.8.29.

By the way, on the MarvinView overview page, the link to MarvinView with Java Web Start Examples is broken.

ChemAxon 5693b0ec15

27-01-2017 10:33:11

Dear Bob,

thank you for having notified us about the broken link. We are working on it.

Regarding your problem with MarvinView you can select the table format in Table > Options... in the appearing dialog please select "Molecule matrix" from the Table type drop-down box.

I hope the above helps.

Best regards,

Nikolett MiIhala

User 870ab5b546

27-01-2017 17:17:49

I guess my question wasn't clear. Is there a way to bypass the table view option programmatically, using a parameter in the JNLP file, so that the user doesn't have to take any extra steps to see the MarvinView pane?

ChemAxon cfb2ce1d3d

30-01-2017 14:43:26

bobgr wrote:

I guess my question wasn't clear. Is there a way to bypass the table view option programmatically, using a parameter in the JNLP file, so that the user doesn't have to take any extra steps to see the MarvinView pane?

Hi Bob,

Please try to pass '--gridbag' parameter in your JNLP.

Kind regards

Zsolt

User 870ab5b546

30-01-2017 16:03:18

Thanks, that worked!

For readers unfamiliar with JNLP, include --gridbag as an argument in the application-desc bloc thusly:

<application-desc main-class="chemaxon.marvin.View">
<argument>--gridbag</argument>
<argument>[filename]</argument>
</application-desc>

ChemAxon cfb2ce1d3d

31-01-2017 07:30:52

bobgr wrote:

Thanks, that worked!

For readers unfamiliar with JNLP, include --gridbag as an argument in the application-desc bloc thusly:

<application-desc main-class="chemaxon.marvin.View">
<argument>--gridbag</argument>
<argument>[filename]</argument>
</application-desc>

Thanks for sharing it.