"double click to edit" mesage for empty MViewPane

ChemAxon fa971619eb

09-06-2006 11:37:14

I often use a MViewPane for specifying a structure, which usually starts as empty and the user double clicks to open Marvin Sketch to specify the structure. But this just appears as a blank panel, and the user needs to know that he has to double click on it to open the sketch. Is it possible to provide a message that appears in the panel that tells the user what to do if there is not structure? e.g. <double click to edit>.

We'd want the message to be localisable (e.g. writen in other langauges) so it should be possible to set it (or Marvin uses a localised message, but I don't think there is any localisation in Marvin?), and it would need to wrap onto multiple lines, as sometimes the MViewPane is quite small.

Is this possbile, or can it be a feature requrest.

Tim

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

13-06-2006 11:15:03

Quote:
Is it possible to provide a message that appears in the panel that tells the user what to do if there is not structure? e.g. <double click to edit>.
We will consider your request.

By the way, we are experimenting with localization in Marvin. But it is not fully supported and it is still under development. Currently, Hungarian is the only optional language in Marvin.

User 870ab5b546

13-06-2006 14:51:56

Can you not initialize the MarvinView pane with a Marvin document that contains the text message, "Double-click to edit"?

ChemAxon 7c2d26e5cf

13-06-2006 15:14:26

I can imagine to give a tooltip to the view canvas (like template buttons on sketcher's toolbar).