MarvinSketch duplicating everything i draw

User 40c3b9076e

14-09-2016 01:57:22

OK, so i am new to MarvinSketch, and i have an odd problem that i cant seem to get a handle on. As im drawing structures, i noticed that each structure i draw slowly drops in image quality over time. The longer i use the program the worse it gets. What i discovered is that the program is making hundreds of copies of each structure i draw in the background, so there are essentially hundreds of copies of each structure stacked on top of each other leading to the lines thickening over time, pixelation and image degradation, and slowdown of the program and my computer. In the images i am attaching, i will first show some structures i was working with (notice how the bonds on some are degraded in quality/ some lines are randomly bolder than others etc.) and then a second image in which i selected everything and distributed it horizontally  so you can see all the copies that were created by the program that were sitting in the background behind each structure and multiplying as time went on. Please help, this is by far the easiest to use structure drawing program ive used, even compared to chemdraw, and i dont want to have to stop using it because of some odd bug.

ChemAxon cfb2ce1d3d

14-09-2016 05:44:43

Hi Jeremy,

This is rather odd. Please post the content of Help/About MarvinSketch.

Also let me know what exact package have you downloaded.

Until then let's see if any error occurs during execution. Look for Marvin installation root, in the bin directory find and start msketch or msketch.bat depending on your OS type from the command line.

In case of an error please post the stactrace or whatever message you see.

Regards

Zsolt

User 40c3b9076e

14-09-2016 13:55:32

I ended up deleting MarvinSketch and reinstalling an older package and the issue has been solved. I was using version 16.9.12.0 on Mac OSX when the problem occured. I tried out marvin on windows, and it was issue free, then i tried downgrading the marvin version and my mac and once again it was issue free. It appears to be mac specific to the newest version for me, so i downgraded and have had no problems whatsoever on 16.5.2.0

ChemAxon cfb2ce1d3d

15-09-2016 08:07:08

tuckj2 _at_ winthrop.edu wrote:

I ended up deleting MarvinSketch and reinstalling an older package and the issue has been solved. I was using version 16.9.12.0 on Mac OSX when the problem occured. I tried out marvin on windows, and it was issue free, then i tried downgrading the marvin version and my mac and once again it was issue free. It appears to be mac specific to the newest version for me, so i downgraded and have had no problems whatsoever on 16.5.2.0

Hello,

I am also on Mac and cannot reproduce with any of the recent versions ,that's why I asked for the information. Nevertheless I am glad you could resolve it.

Regards

Zsolt