exception preventing launch after downgrade

User 870ab5b546

15-08-2016 16:50:24

I am trying to downgrade from Marvin 16.8.1 back to Marvin 16.4.25, but I am getting a Java runtime exception that causes the launch process to hang at the Applet is loading... Please wait... stage. The Java console says:

JMSketch initalization has failed.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: chemaxon/marvin/modules/datatransfer/rtf/DocumentConversionException
at chemaxon.marvin.applet.JMSketch.createGUI(Unknown Source)
at chemaxon.marvin.applet.AbstractMarvinApplet.init(Unknown Source)
at chemaxon.marvin.applet.JMSketchLaunch.showApplet(Unknown Source)
at chemaxon.marvin.applet.AppletLaunch$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:301)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: chemaxon.marvin.modules.datatransfer.rtf.DocumentConversionException
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 18 more

What could be causing this problem? I have repeatedly emptied both the browser and Java caches. This problem only occurred after I tried to downgrade from Marvin 16.8.1 back to Marvin 16.4.25. If I go ahead and switch to Marvin 16.8.1, everyting works fine. At first I thought the problem might be in my configuration files, but I think I've ruled out that possibility now. I have tried the launch with a few different structures to load; no joy with any of them.

ChemAxon 775b29fd6e

26-08-2016 12:33:49

Hi Bob,

The issue is the same as you discovered here. The following version of Marvin which is 16.5.2.0 contains the corresponding fix.

Regards, Zoltan.

User 870ab5b546

26-08-2016 13:21:36

Alas, that doesn't help me. I need a working version (one that will load, not hang) before Marvin 16.5.2, when the MRArrow was introduced. In that post you reference, I see that Marvin 16.2.29 worked. I suppose that will do for now.