preparing beans distribution

User d5d3760021

20-07-2016 16:36:45

Do you have any advice relating to pruning down the number of jar files I include in my software package? Your latest distro has ~113 mb of jar files and I'm investigating ways to minimize/lower the number of mb a user of our software would need to download. Some of them are large (e.g. your nmr calculations jar) but it's a long tail of file sizes.

There are basic approaches like having users only download jars specific to their OS which I can take.

The license file I have says we're licensed for "Marvin Beans" so I'm wondering if there's an easy way to know which jars I can exclude on the basis of not being licensed. I don't quite understand what's happening with "Evaluation Mode" for items I'm not licensed to use because I didn't obtain an evaluation license but it still seems to give me results. I'm not sure why that's happening -- is enforcement of the evaluation license for myself and my users an "on my honor" sort of thing? Are you automatically granting evaluation licenses for the sake of advertising other products?

Thanks!

ChemAxon cbb451ac1e

22-07-2016 13:34:55

thank you for your post. we are looking into this. 

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

17-08-2016 12:32:52

I apologise for the late answer, unfortunately there is not any supported/safe way to exclude any of the jars from Marvin package.

As far as the  license concerned, it is mostly an advertisement of these products. If you do not want to expose them to your users, you can configure the UI and eliminate the menu or several items from the menu. (https://docs.chemaxon.com/display/docs/Customizing+MarvinSketch+GUI  https://docs.chemaxon.com/display/docs/Customizing+Marvin+GUI#CustomizingMarvinGUI-JavaBean )

If you use calculation plugins in a regular basis, please contact our sales.

Best regards,

Efi 

User d5d3760021

17-08-2016 12:46:20

Hello Efi,

Thank you for your response. When I come back to working on our Marvin integration, I'll take a look at customizing the menus.

Amos.