pictures from MarvinJS pasted into MarvinSketch

User 870ab5b546

10-05-2016 17:34:47

When I copy a Marvin JS drawing from Marvin JS into MarvinSketch, and the drawing contains reaction arrows that originate at a rectangle corner or midpoint, MarvinSketch seems to invert the position of the rectangle corner or midpoint. For example, see the four attachments. I draw a rectangle in Marvin JS with an arrow originating at the NW corner, which is stored in the MRV as position 0. When I copy the course and paste it into MarvinSketch, the arrow now originates at the SW corner, even though the MRV still shows the arrow originating at position 0. However, if I draw the box and arrow in MarvinSketch itself, then the SW corner is given position 3, and the NW corner is position 0. The coordinates of the rectangles don't seem to change.

This is a problem because many of my students use Marvin JS to draw their responses, and I use JChem to convert the MRVs into pictures, so the arrows that the students have drawn end up crossing over the boxes, making their contents hard to read.

I thought the problem was in Marvin JS, but the evidence presented here seems to show that the problem is in MarvinSketch.

Can you help?

ChemAxon cbb451ac1e

12-05-2016 07:57:13

Hello,

I can confirm this issue exists, much appreciated for pointing this out, and sorry for the inconvenience caused. Placed this in our backlog to fix. You'll get notified when done.

Best regards,

Krisztian