MarvinSketch 16.4.25 hangs while loading!

User 870ab5b546

27-04-2016 00:08:37

MarvinSketch 16.4.25 (the newest version) hangs while it's loading. Using Safari 9.1 on MacOS 10.11.4 and Java 8 update 91. It hangs on both my installation and on this page of yours. I do not have this problem with MarvinSketch 16.2.29.

Also, while I was trying to find out what was new in Marvin 16.4.25 that could have been causing these problems, I found that the link to Current Version of MarvinSketch on this History of Changes page points to Marvin 15.2.7, and the latest version listed under All changes in chronological order is Marvin 16.4.18.

ChemAxon cbb451ac1e

27-04-2016 07:55:42

The page which you linked is a archived one, please note the header, while the old All changes ... page gets redirected to the new one. The link of the new All changes... page is https://docs.chemaxon.com/display/docs/All+changes+in+reversed+chronological+order

On the other issue, so far we were not able to reproduce. The environment we have tried is identical to the one you described. Not sure why your MarvinSketch hangs during loading, but will investigate this further. 

Best regards,

Krisztian

User 870ab5b546

27-04-2016 15:25:26

By the way, I discovered this problem after I upgraded our installation to MarvinSketch 16.4.25. Several students reported the problem, and I was able to reproduce it. So it wasn't just me. When I downgraded our installation back to MarvinSketch 16.2.29, the students were able to run MarvinSketch again (after they emptied their Java cache).

I've tried it now on two different computers (MacMini and Mac AirBook), both running the system/browser combination noted above. Same result on both.

Here's what the Java console says:

JMSketch initalization has failed.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: chemaxon/marvin/modules/datatransfer/rtf/DocumentConversionException
at chemaxon.marvin.applet.JMSketch.createGUI(Unknown Source)
at chemaxon.marvin.applet.AbstractMarvinApplet.init(Unknown Source)
at chemaxon.marvin.applet.JMSketchLaunch.showApplet(Unknown Source)
at chemaxon.marvin.applet.AppletLaunch$3.run(Unknown Source)
at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:301)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)
at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)
at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:76)
at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)
at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: chemaxon.marvin.modules.datatransfer.rtf.DocumentConversionException
at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass0(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
... 18 more

User 39ade0cdf9

28-04-2016 09:05:30

https://marvin-demo.chemaxon.com/marvin/examples/applets/sketch/embed.html

When I tried the online demo examples under win7 professional 64bit, IE11, JRE 1.7.1, marvin sketch hangs and keep loading...

When I change to JRE 1.7_65 or latest  1.8.X, java applet is blocked by IE, even I set the page url to exception website, it doesn't work and keep blocked...

User 870ab5b546

09-05-2016 16:47:13

any progress on this problem?

ChemAxon cbb451ac1e

10-05-2016 07:23:45

https://marvin-demo.chemaxon.com/marvin/examples/webstart/

can you please try the page above? thanks!

best regards,

User 870ab5b546

10-05-2016 13:43:18

That page works, but it uses Java Web Start. I'm talking about an applet embedded in a Web page.

ChemAxon f052bdfe3c

12-05-2016 08:22:25

Hi Bob,

Since the applet issues on Chrome and Edge, we reduce the support of the applet. It means we do not release applet automatically on each week. If you try a web start version and you decide you would like to update your applet, please let me know and we glad to provide an applet -properly signed to your server-  for you.

Best regards,

Efi

ChemAxon cfb2ce1d3d

12-05-2016 08:28:50

bobgr wrote:

That page works, but it uses Java Web Start. I'm talking about an applet embedded in a Web page.

Hello Bob,

I have just launched the applet and it is working. Can you please try now?

Best regards

Zsolt 

User 870ab5b546

13-05-2016 01:12:48

I'm not sure what you're telling me. Are you saying that if I download a new version of JChem, that I can't expect the MarvinSketch applet included in it to work, and I need to ask you for a properly signed version?

ChemAxon cfb2ce1d3d

13-05-2016 19:38:20

bobgr wrote:

I'm not sure what you're telling me. Are you saying that if I download a new version of JChem, that I can't expect the MarvinSketch applet included in it to work, and I need to ask you for a properly signed version?

Sorry for the confusion. I referred to this: "It hangs on both my installation and on this page of yours "

Please try our demo version. If it works for you too, you will need a new applet version signed by us as Efi said.

Best regards

Zsolt

User 870ab5b546

13-05-2016 19:45:34

zkuti wrote:

bobgr wrote:

Hello Bob,

I have just launched the applet and it is working. Can you please try now?

Best regards

Zsolt 

I tried Marvin 16.5.9 at https://marvin-demo.chemaxon.com/marvin/examples/applets/sketch/embed.html on Firefox and Safari, and it loads on both. I went to download it, but only version 16.5.2 is currently available.

I'm still not clear, though. Are you saying that even though 16.5.9 is working for me on your site, it may not work for me on my site unless you send me a specially signed version? I've never had that issue with MarvinSketch before.

ChemAxon cfb2ce1d3d

13-05-2016 19:59:24

bobgr wrote:

I tried Marvin 16.5.9 at https://marvin-demo.chemaxon.com/marvin/examples/applets/sketch/embed.html on Firefox and Safari, and it loads on both. I went to download it, but only version 16.5.2 is currently available.

I'm still not clear, though. Are you saying that even though 16.5.9 is working for me on your site, it may not work for me on my site unless you send me a specially signed version? I've never had that issue with MarvinSketch before.

See Efi's post on Thu May 12, 2016 9:22 am.  Does that answer your question?

Best regards

Zsolt

User 870ab5b546

13-05-2016 20:36:41

zkuti wrote:

bobgr wrote:

See Efi's post on Thu May 12, 2016 9:22 am.  Does that answer your question?

Not really. Efi said, "It means we do not release applet automatically on each week.  If you try a web start version and you decide you would like to update your applet, please let me know and we glad to provide an applet -properly signed to your server- for you." I can interpret this statement two different ways.

1. We will release a new version in a couple of weeks, but if you want a version sooner than that, just ask us, and we will provide it. Or,

2. You won't be able to download the applets anymore. You will need to ask us to provide you one that is specially signed for your server. 

ChemAxon cfb2ce1d3d

14-05-2016 11:09:42

bobgr wrote:

Not really. Efi said, "It means we do not release applet automatically on each week.  If you try a web start version and you decide you would like to update your applet, please let me know and we glad to provide an applet -properly signed to your server- for you." I can interpret this statement two different ways.

1. We will release a new version in a couple of weeks, but if you want a version sooner than that, just ask us, and we will provide it. Or,

2. You won't be able to download the applets anymore. You will need to ask us to provide you one that is specially signed for your server. 

It's the latter.

Best regards

Zsolt