Removing H on a carbocation

User 355b75f63c

13-10-2015 15:01:27

New user here. Sorry for what is probably a simple question, but I can't seem to remove the hydrogen when creating a carbocation. See attachment.

I have tried going to structure - remove - explicit hydrogens, but it still remains. I would just like the linebond structure with the positive formal charge over the carbon. Is there an easy way to do this?

ChemAxon 5693b0ec15

14-10-2015 08:00:35

Hi,

and welcome as new MarvinSketch user.

You can switch off the H atom visibility selecting the View<Implicit Hydrogens< Off option.

MarvinSketch intelligent enough to add implicit H atoms to your structure, but of course it is possible to draw explicit H atoms the same way that you draw any other bonds. These explicitly drawn H atoms can be eliminated with the Structure<Remove<Explicit Hydrogen option.

Attached you can find our structure with the H visibility Off setting .

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further information.

Best regards,

Nikolett Mihala

User 355b75f63c

14-10-2015 13:16:04

Thank you. 

I have a follow up question. I removed the H but the C still remains in the structure. How do I turn off the labeling of the atom? I"m assuming it is a setting somewhere but I have looked through all the menus and haven't been able to figure it out. 

see attached image. I would like the positive formal charge to be on the carbon without it switching to a C. 

ChemAxon 5693b0ec15

14-10-2015 13:54:49

You can switch the carbon labels off  setting Edit < Preferences < Structure tab < Carbon labels < Off.

or you can have the settings in the attached file.

Best regards,

Nikolett Mihala

User 355b75f63c

14-10-2015 14:02:32

Thank you very much Nikolett.