Displaying MOL2 atom labels

User caa81a742d

15-09-2015 13:53:21

Re. MarvinSketch 15.8.10.0, let's say I read in a MOL2 for which atom 1 is: 

1 Cl1     -3.6720   0.7941   0.7034   Cl        1 RES1   0.0000

I can display the atom number in blue via View > Advanced > Atom Numbering, but can I display the atom label in red?

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

16-09-2015 09:06:47

Hi,

Unfortunately currently this coloring option is not available in our software.

Can you tell us why you would like to color those labels red?

As a workaround you can create text boxes instead of the automatic numbering, and then color, resize, position the text to fit your needs, currently this is the only way I can suggest.

Regards,
Istvan 

User caa81a742d

16-09-2015 11:10:29

Hi Istvan,

I don't wish to display the labels in colour - I was simply using the blue & red to highlight the relevant columns.  I can see now how that is misleading & so I have attached a clearer explanation of my query.

With thanks & apologies

Norman

ChemAxon 4fa3cf533c

18-09-2015 13:01:35

Hi Norman,

Unfortunately, there is no easy way for this, like a view option as for Atom Numbering, but it is not impossible.

On the right (Atoms) toolbar, the first item is the Periodic Table, click on it, and on the Advanced tab,  you can add custom properties, on the bottom. Click on the type "Value" and type in what would you like to see, like "Cl1", then click on the atom. Sadly, there is no option to change the color, and it will be shown in blue.

Adding them to every atom will result in a similar thing you'd like to see. 

I was not sure,  in the case of the Cl, that your intention was to replace the Atom Label or not. You can change the atom label, if you'd like to, with the Label Editor tool on the left toolbar, under the Text tool, or right click on the atom and in the contextual menu choose Label Editor.

I hope I could've helped, and if you have any question, feel free to ask.

Regards,

Tamas Fazekas-Vigh

User caa81a742d

21-09-2015 18:00:23

Hi Tamas,

The Periodic Table button is a good suggestion - thank you very much for drawing that to my attention.

One last query on this topic - if I use Value to add a label such as "Cl1", do I have to accept the position where the program displays the label, or can I move the "Cl1" label to a new position that I would prefer?

With thanks & best wishes

Norman

ChemAxon 4fa3cf533c

23-09-2015 08:46:26

Hi Norman,

Currently there is no option to change the placement of the Value, or any label you add to the atoms. This might change in the future, but until, you can try what Istvan have suggested, that instead of putting it up, use a Textbox to fill it with the needed text, format it, then you can place it where you want. 

Best regards,

Tamas Fazekas-Vigh

User caa81a742d

23-09-2015 12:00:43

Dear all,

Many thanks for the much appreciated advice.

Regards

Norman