How I install Marvin Beans to a PC with windows 8?

User ef7938e2c7

09-09-2015 21:34:16

I have downloaded the license, but I am not able to install the program. It asks which app to use and nothing opens it. I thought it was supposed to open with Java...

ChemAxon 5433b8e56b

10-09-2015 08:02:05

Hi,

You can download the installer from here: https://www.chemaxon.com/download/marvin-suite/#mbeans if you have downloaded only the license, then you will also need to download the software from the link.

In order to download, you need to be logged in, and accept our End User License Agreement first (you can do so by checking the accept license agreement checkbox on the top of the page).

After you have accepted the license agreement, I recommend to select the Windows Installer with JRE option (by default this should be selected) and press the Download Marvin Beans button. The download should start automatically.

After the installer has been downloaded, you should start the installer, and go through the installation process. After that you will have icons for MarvinSketch/MarvinView/MarvinSpace/StructureChecker in the start menu, and on your desktop, if you start any of those, in the application help menu you will find the License manager, where you can load your downloaded license file.

These applications are able to run on the desktop without a license, with limitations.

I hope this helps to clarify the situation.

Regards,
Istvan