How do I save keyboard shortcuts permanently?

User e3f03c303b

20-07-2015 18:19:03

Hi,

I have a heap of keyboard shortcuts in MarvinSketch I like but the problem is that whenever I upgrade Marvin Beans these shortcuts are lost. Is there a way of saving these keyboard shortcuts such that they are not lost with upgrade? 

Thanks for your time,

Brenton

ChemAxon 5693b0ec15

21-07-2015 07:52:59

Dear Brenton,

shortcuts are stored in the shortcuts.xml file under that version folder in which they were created in your chemaxon folder.

If you copy this file in your actual version folder, your shortcuts will work again.

Sorry for the inconvenience, this problem is in our "to-be-solved" list.

Best regards,

Nikolett Mihala

User e3f03c303b

21-07-2015 13:11:19

Thanks, for the most part my problem is solved, but a few shortcuts failed to be copied over. Namely:

* Document Style (shortcut: Ctrl+D)

* Preferences (short: Ctrl+Shift+P)

They appear in the shortcuts.xml file but for whatever reason when I copy them over to the latest version folder (15.7.13) it makes no difference. 

ChemAxon 4fa3cf533c

24-07-2015 09:07:17

Hi Brenton,

That is interesting, since document style was introduced I cannot recall any change in the name of the command, and not for preferences either. Could you please attach your shortcuts xml, or just the two lines referring for these shortcuts, so we could investigate it ? 

Also, from which Marvin Sketch version did you upgrade?

Regards,

Tamas Fazekas-Vigh 

User e3f03c303b

24-07-2015 21:23:33

@tfazekas 

I upgraded from 15.6.22 to 15.7.13. When I tried to transfer the shortcuts over there was no folder for 15.7.13 in ~/.chemaxon so what I did was I mkdir'ed it and placed the shortcuts.xml file in there (I even copied the customization.xml file after I figured out that copy-pasting just shortcuts.xml didn't work). 

ChemAxon 4fa3cf533c

27-07-2015 10:31:19

Hi Brenton,

Sadly, I was unable to reproduce the issue, even with your information provided. For me, it worked as it should after the copy too. One thing to mention though, that the shortcuts are bound to the configurations, so different configurations might have different shortcut configurations. 

The missing file, you had to create yourself, appears only if you open the customize window and change something, or just discard the window without changing anything - the folder will appear. 

Regards,

Tamas Fazekas-Vigh